Peak Adventures Sales Assistant
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Sales and Outreach Specialist, the Sales Assistant is responsible for providing support in selling Challenge Center programs and Outdoor Trips to current and potential clients. The Sales Assistant will work closely with the Sales and Outreach Specialist to process contracts, enter sales metrics and other sales and marketing related data. The Sales Assistant will also help implement marketing strategies developed by the Marketing Specialist and the Sales and Outreach Specialist. Communication responsibilities include general public relations, sales exhibits, and supporting customer service. The Sales Assistant will help maintain customer relationships through professional, timely and friendly communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide general product, promotion, and pricing information to current and potential new clients. Clarify customer requests, answer questions and sales inquiries in a timely manner, and follow up with potential sales leads. Input customer profile information into the appropriate software to increase the efficiency of the sales process and maintain accurate sales metrics.
• Assist in implementing promotional outreach strategies by conducting sales presentations on and off campus. Deliver presentations to various classes, schools, and other potential clients. Acquire new sales leads and grow referral system through active networking during promotional events and outreach tasks as assigned.
• Assist in data entry that supports measuring marketing effectiveness, to include updating various electronic sales materials and physical marketing materials, managing mailing and email lists, as well as updating event calendars and minor website content.
• Participate in sales meetings and maintain current product and program knowledge.
• Assist other program areas as needed in order to support high customer service standards for the organization.
• Use of personal vehicle will be required on occasion. This includes, but is not limited to group sales networking, promotional booths/events, classroom visits and brochure distribution.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service and public speaking skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to consistently and accurately document details
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
• Self-directed and works independently within the dynamics of a team environment
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Must meet Sacramento State student assistant eligibility requirements (as SA II position)
• Knowledge of Windows & Mac-based personal computers - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
• Ability to lift, move and/or carry up to 50 pounds
• Ability to learn to operate a golf cart
• Ability to sit and stand for up to 6 hours
• Knowledge of recreation industry, outdoor programming, and equipment.
• Ability to drive personal vehicle to off-campus promotional events.
• Graphic design or editing experience
Pay: $12.25 - $12.49
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.25
- Max Hiring Rate $12.49
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA