Aquatic Center Event Operations Staff
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
The Event Operations Staff shall be assigned in any or all of the following areas: Aquatic Center front gate, golf cart driver, admissions, control commission, parking, and event set-up and/or clean up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the front gate responsibility you will be directing traffic and controlling accesses to the appropriate parking lots.
• Golf cart drivers assist patrons in and out of the park. Help direct parents to team tents. Assist in any needs of the regatta in transporting items or persons with the golf cart. Responsible for emptying all trash and recycling in park into appropriate trash receptacle. Monitor park for any private shade tents and ask patrons to remove.
• Parking responsibilities can include directing visitor to appropriate parking spaces, assist persons with disabilities, direct and communicate to overflow parking.
• The control commissions duties include actively participate with US Rowing Officials in checking all rowing shells before racing and checking them when the boats return to the landing beach.
• Admissions duties will include handling cash, accurately and efficiently under the direction of the ASI business office supervisors.
• Know rules and regulations of the Aquatic Center and State Parks.
• Assist with set-up and clean-up for a variety of special events.
• Sign and practice Code of Conduct and Dress Code agreement
• Other duties may be assigned.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally with staff, employees and public
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
• The ability to learn and know the Aquatic Center Program Schedule
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and be prepared for both heat and cold
• Ability to drive a golf cart
Pay range: $12.25 - $12.49
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees.
Associated Students is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.25
- Max Hiring Rate $12.49
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA