Director of Brand Marketing
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Director of Brand Marketing is an experienced marketing campaign strategist and manager, responsible for elevating stakeholder awareness of, and engagement with, the AOA/osteopathic brand. Leads development and execution of marketing strategies that promote AOA membership and board certification to physicians and medical students, and build awareness of osteopathic medicine among consumers and other stakeholders. Collaborates with multiple departments to develop, execute and measure high-impact marketing and advertising that supports strategic priorities and promotes AOA programs, services, products and events.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The following description of job responsibilities and standards is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned.
• Partner with Content, Digital and Publications team members, including the CCO, Vice President of Communications, Director of Digital, and Director of JAOA (medical journal), to develop, execute and evaluate integrated marketing plans. Counsel and collaborate with multiple departments, including Membership, Certifying Board Services, Education, Research & Development, Meetings & Travel, Executive Administration, AOIA (member value) and AOF (foundation) to develop marketing strategies and tactics to support strategic priorities.
• Manage the creation, design and production of all marketing collateral and promotional materials, including digital and social media/marketing, e-newsletters, brochures, videos, print advertisements, direct mail and other channels.
• Oversee marketing of OMED annual conference, and develop and produce communication elements to support other AOA live events, including themes, presentation templates and videos.
• Develop and produce AOA Annual Report, Osteopathic Medical Profession Report and other special publications.
• Collaborate on data acquisition and list management to support marketing efforts, implementing best practices to improve efficiency and outcomes.
• Work with the CCO to manage the consumer brand awareness campaign, including management of market research and creative agency.
• Oversee management of vendors and freelancers.
• Develop and track metrics for all marketing programs, and adapt/optimize strategies and tactics as necessary to maximize impact and achieve goals.
• Assess workflow management processes and actively participate in continual process improvement efforts.
• Develop and manage marketing budget.
III. OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the direction of the CCO, interact with executive directors of osteopathic state/specialty organizations, CEO, President, President-elect, Board of Trustees, as well as various bureaus, councils and committees. Ongoing contact with members, AOA Senior Leadership Team.
• As assigned
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATION OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, integrated marketing communications, or a related field
• 7-10 years of progressive marketing management experience
• Proven track record of success in brand marketing, preferably in professional services associations, health care organizations, and/or agencies
• Demonstrated ability to write, edit and proofread marketing copy with minimal supervision
• Experience working with agencies and coaching performance
• Excellent project and time management skills, deadline-oriented
• Superior interpersonal, written and oral/presentation skills
• Experience working with senior executives and board/volunteer leaders and committees
• Ideal candidates will have experience managing email automation/segmentation campaigns; experience in conference marketing and event production/management; and experience marketing to physicians.
V. SPECIAL SKILLS/EQUIPMENT
Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Working knowledge of database systems such as iMIS and email marketing systems such as Informz.
VI. PHYSICAL, MENTAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Requires 10-15 days of out-of-town travel annually. Extended work hours may be necessary around major meetings and other high-volume work periods.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America