Front Desk Assistant, Full time
Veritas Collaborative is a specialty healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Front Desk Assistant is a unique position as this person represents the first impression many of our patients and families have of Veritas. This is a unique position due to the special patient population served, and requires a range of skills, including but not limited to: being a master communicator; ability to adapt quickly to change; ability to prioritize and turn on a dime as directions and workflow changes; ability to quickly and independently process ideas and implement changes; quick thinking, solution oriented, efficient use of time; customer focus; professional appearance; excellent planning skills; critical thinking skills; ability to identify and mitigate risk; exceptional organizational skills; builds and flourishes in a collaborative team environment; attention to detail; creativity, flexibility and resilience; sees things through to completion; accountable for delivery of quality services.
• Maintain appropriate, therapeutic boundaries with patients and families at all times.
• Provide a positive environment for supportive, recovery-based treatment.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the company including all incoming phone calls, vendors, patients and visitors o Direct and escort patients and visitors to correct units
• Assist in the check in process for medical appointments.
• Assist in the creation of badges for staff.
• Manage front desk check-in process and monitor security cameras and access systems o Receive visitors o Security registration assistance
• Primary contact for ensuring facility readiness and cleanliness in the mornings:
• Responsible for lobby and conference room appearance being neat and clean at all times o Maintain order in the lobby o Assist with lobby appearance and refreshment station when necessary
• Maintain a professional demeanor and dress at all times
• Audit and assist in maintaining appropriate office and paper good supply levels
• Work collaboratively to ensure continuous front desk coverage and monitoring of people inside the facility
• All other duties as assigned
• At least 2 years of experience in a Front Desk, Administrative or the equivalent position, required.
• Experience in a healthcare setting, preferred. Experience in an inpatient hospital setting, strongly preferred. Specific skills
• Must be proficient in all MS suite products, including Outlook
• EMR experience preferred.
• Superior customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to stay calm and solution-focused in high stress situations.
• Personable, reliable, flexible • High degree of self-motivation and ability to multitask.
• Ask for help or feedback, as appropriate • Strong interpersonal and professional boundaries.
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Sees things through to completion
• Accountable for delivery of quality services
• Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
General Skills and Requirements
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrate competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, gender identity, and sexual orientation issues.
• Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean.
• This position may require driving a company vehicle. Employee must have a clean driving record in order to qualify. (A clean driving record is one that is free of accidents, moving violations or points.)
• Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
• Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Adheres to company and facility specific policies and procedures.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Pay Type Hourly
- ATC-Admin, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America