movement of materials and products through facility stays on schedule
and manage overall day to day operational tasks.
engage in problem-solving issues that will negatively impact production
promote a safe working environment for all employees by identifying
un-safe behaviors / activities and implementing safe work practices /
with others in the organization to coordinate operations and activities
between departments and ensure overall direction of the organization is
understood by front-line employees
and oversee daily completion of PPMs for production equipment, notify
maintenance of equipment breakdowns and properly assigns machine
operators on a daily basis to ensure a timely completion of orders.
with continuous improvements of processes leading to improved safety,
quality, yields, delivery performance, productivity, and cost control.
compliance with applicable policies, safety rules, plant rules and
working relationships that will foster a high level of employee morale.
performance reviews for direct reports to communicate individual and
company goals, individual job performance, and developmental
specifications and job orders to employees, and assigns duties.
other duties and assignments as assigned.
- Owns and
role models Plymouth Tube values and behaviors by embracing and
participating in an operating culture that promotes involvement, communication,
mutual trust & respect, expectations and accountability, and a
passion for excellence.
applies and advocates all Company Environmental and Safety policies,
procedures and standards.
applies and advocates all Company Quality Standards.
all prerequisite training as required by management.
- Has the
authority to stop process to correct quality, safety or environmental
problems, and to promptly notify Supervisory personnel when processes
duties as assigned.
- Responsible for supervising 5-30 hourly union production workers
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· Minimum Associates Degree (Bachelor’s Degree preferred) and 1-3 years minimum work experience in a manufacturing facility preferred and or training, or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Care & Commitment: Consistently reliable, follows work instructions, investigates any inconsistencies and looks ahead to next steps. Offers ideas for improvements (safety, operations, process, and quality) and actively participates in improvement processes. Accepts change as part of future state improvement and adapts with positive enthusiasm.
· Team Player:
Steps up to help the team even when it’s outside of normal duties or comfort zone, looks out for the safety of self and team. Cooperates with others without dominating the group, values team members for their contributions and professional abilities, and always treats people with respect. Communicates ideas respectfully, honestly and clearly, and considers the suggestions and opinions of others
- Customer Focus: Seeks out information on customer requirements, stops a process when an inconsistency is suspected, and reports inconsistencies to the right person. Involves customers and seeks best resource before moving forward with key decisions; follows through on promises made to internal/external customer. Delivers accurate product, services and paperwork to the next operation Initiative: Initiates problem solving to address issues, acts without being told or directed, actively participates in resolution, seeks best alternative even if it challenges the status quo. Does and says the right things for the right reasons even when it’s uncomfortable, speaks up immediately when seeing a safety hazard, a process error, or problem to resolve. Acts with sense of urgency: Gives immediate attention to tasks or issues that prevent organization from reaching goals, rethinks priorities and organizes work to achieve goals or get goals back on track.
· Operations: Demonstrates sound knowledge of the production process from start to finish, proficient in the technical requirements of position (systems and visual), continues to improve skills in this area. Effective in planning manpower and resources to achieve hourly, daily and weekly goals, resolves issues or roadblocks immediately. Adapts plans quickly when priorities change, effectively communicates changes, holds others and self-accountable in achieving goals regardless of changing environment.
· Leadership I: Leads by Example by positively communicating goals with a “can do” attitude, being a resource for own team as well as other departments, and offering ideas and opinions that improve processes or environment. Inspires people to participate with others, listens to opinions, effective in coaching others in
how to reach goals, and celebrates successes. Respectful yet firm and consistent in performance feedback, is timely in resolving performance issues, fosters high level of accountability.
· Plymouth Business Systems I: Consistent in performing standard work, problem solves department triggers, plans and leads effective meetings, achieves improvements to KPI. Follows up and follows through on action items, uses visuals and data to communicate changes, works with Operations Manager to identify improvement opportunities. Audits lean improvements for sustainability, viability and validation, and maintains improvements.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations will be reviewed by management on a case-by-case basis. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to grasp, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.