Maintenance Techncian - Winamac Indiana
Afternoon and Midnight shift positions available!!
Responsible for electrical/mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of machinery and equipment, physical plant, utilities, and grounds in accordance with state and federal regulations and Company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs the preventative and routine maintenance of machines and mechanical processes to ensure best practices and optimum equipment reliability.
• Complies with all safety, quality, customer focus, and housekeeping standards.
• Performs proper routine and preventative maintenance of facility grounds and buildings.
• Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts at required levels by initiating requests for purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper upkeep at plant facilities.
• Recommends equipment and process improvements to improve efficiency and/or achieve cost reductions.
• Communicate via proper documentation to supervisor and appropriate management resources regarding quality and equipment problems, issues and concerns.
• Wear required safety equipment and adhere to all company policies and handbooks.
• Follow all applicable procedures and instructions including but not limited to preventative and routine maintenance, troubleshooting, process improvements, reporting of time and materials consumed as well as actively support business practices set forth by Plymouth Tube Co, its employees, contractors and all other available resources.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
• Work within work groups and teams to support the sustainability and continuous improvement of Plymouth Tube Company and all stakeholders.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Model Plymouth Tube values and behaviors as outlined in the Mission Statement
• Represent Plymouth Tube in a professional manner
• Follow all company Environmental and Safety policies, procedures and standards
• Follow all company Quality Standards
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma
• Previous experience in manufacturing setting preferred. 1 year continuous work experience preferred.
• Care & Commitment: Consistently reliable, follows work instructions, investigates any inconsistencies and looks ahead to next steps. Offers ideas for improvements (safety, operations, process, and quality) and actively participates in improvement processes. Accepts change as part of future state improvement and adapts with positive enthusiasm.
• Team Player: Steps up to help the team even when it’s outside of normal duties or comfort zone, looks out for the safety of self and team. Cooperates with others without dominating the group, values team members for their contributions and professional abilities, and always treats people with respect. Communicates ideas respectfully, honestly and clearly, and considers the suggestions and opinions of others
• Customer Focus: Seeks out information on customer requirements, stops a process when an inconsistency is suspected, and reports inconsistencies to the right person. Involves customers and seeks best resource before moving forward with key decisions; follows through on promises made to internal/external customer. Delivers accurate product, services and paperwork to the next operation
• Initiative: Initiates problem solving to address issues, acts without being told or directed, actively participates in resolution, seeks best alternative even if it challenges the status quo. Does and says the right things for the right reasons even when it’s uncomfortable, speaks up immediately when seeing a safety hazard, a process error, or problem to resolve. Acts with sense of urgency:
Gives immediate attention to tasks or issues that prevent organization from reaching goals, rethinks priorities and organizes work to achieve goals or get goals back on track.
• Safety: Participates in safety efforts enthusiastically, always with an eye for achieving the very best, approaches auditing with a commitment toward learning and improving equally. Consistently looks for opportunities to improve the safety culture, shows sincere interest in the improvement of safety in the organization above and beyond requirements. Actively drives culture where safety is more important than achieving numbers or reaching goals.
• Training and Development: Willingness to train, learn and progress (including outside normal department).
Offers ideas for new training or participates in developing or delivering training to co-workers. Meets or exceeds required yearly training requirements.
• Technical Application II: Demonstrates proficiency in the technical requirements of this position and in many aspects of facility’s technology. Continually applies and improves skills to match the changing environment. Consistent in achieving work order completion and PM compliance on a daily, weekly, quarterly, and/or annual basis (whichever is required).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations will be reviewed by management on a case-by-case basis. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for several hours (up to 8-12 hours); use hands and fingers to manipulate, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; talk or hear; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl.
The employee is rarely required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds; frequently lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Rarely will an employee have to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color recognition, and ability to adjust focus.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE): The PPEs described here are mandatory while an employee is performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will wear at all times safety glasses, earplugs, and metatarsal steel toe boots.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Job Function Group P
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Winamac, Winamac, Indiana, United States of America