Registered Nurse -Per Diem
Liberty Resources, Inc.’s Help Restore Hope Center – HRHC - (formerly known as the Victims of Violence Program) provides comprehensive services to those impacted by sexual assault, domestic violence or other violent. Free and confidential victim services are available to all survivors and their family members. The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) project is a component of the Center, which is a multidisciplinary response that aims to improve post-assault care for survivors of sexual assault, through specialized coordinated services, while at same time increasing assault reporting and prosecution rates. As opposed to hospital emergency department personnel caring for sexual assault survivors alone, the HRHC specially trained SANE nurses will provide comprehensive psychological, medical, and forensic services to survivors of sexual assault in a trauma-informed fashion.
- Performs on-call as requested, on-site consultations with patients and/or staff to determine current health status of the patients.
- Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling.
- Provides medical-forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections, and conducts photographic documentation.
- Offers appropriate referrals for medical and psychological follow-up, support and participation in legal proceedings.
- Maintains active SANE RN status through on-going SANE professional development opportunities.
Current Registered Nurse Licensure or higher.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must complete Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum current or within 6-12 months of employment.
Individual malpractice insurance required.
Minimum two years nursing experience; specialty experience in women’s health emergency department or intensive care(preferred), public health or psychiatry recommended with demonstrated autonomy and professional judgment in nursing practice.
Within 6-12 months of employment ideally successful completion of recommended clinical components to include:
- Shadowing an experienced SANE and being shadowed, as able
- Observing in courtroom, as able with advocate staff
- Proficient use of all equipment
Liberty Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Oneida, NY, USA