Customer Service Shipping and Receiving - Clerk
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. (CDS) is a national provider of advanced logistics capabilities, processes, and solutions via a network of modern distribution centers managed to precise safety and operational standards. Every CDS distribution center blends a sophisticated radio - frequency warehouse management system, a skilled workforce, and refined tracking and management processes to produce extremely high inventory accuracy rates and client satisfaction levels. We are always looking for talented and motivated people to join our company, and many opportunities exist at our local sites in the areas of customer service, warehouse operations, and technology. As a progressive and growing organization, Customized Distribution Services offers an employee-friendly environment, and excellent work-life balance, comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision and opportunities for personal and professional development. Please complete a submission of your interest for a position in warehouse careers, HR careers and others by clicking on any of the open positions listed below.
Currently CDS is looking for a qualified Dock Office Clerk for our Edwardsville, IL location. This is a great opportunity that provides an excellent work-life balance. CDS offers employees comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision. In addition, employees are also eligible for tuition reimbursement and participation in the 401(k) after one (1) year of service.
• Ensure board & schedule is updated before starting shift.
• Sort orders in sequential order by appointment time.
• Enter data each morning from previous day on the Inbound/Outbound Log in Excel
• Check drivers in & out throughout day, print BOL’s and outbound details.
• Obtain shipper’s releases number, destination, and trailer number.
• Assign doors to drivers.
• Update board and Order profile with above information obtained by driver.
• Print/Reprint orders as needed.
• Ensure that order profiles are filled out correctly by operators.
• Work with Supervisors and Junior Supervisors in achieving daily goals on dock.
• Enter productivity for operators when needed.
• Keep shuttle orders going to operations in a timely manner for a continual and quick turnaround.
• Maintain and update schedule and board throughout shift.
• Answer phones, direct calls to appropriate party, and provide information to caller as needed.
• Work with Operations in preventing detentions.
• Work with CSR on schedule and order changes throughout the day.
• Maintain an organized work area.
• Communicate with the next shift about the day’s operations before the end of the shift.
• Scan BOL’s to respective database.
• Turn in all BOL’s to the office at the end of the day.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
• At least 1.5 years of recent experience in a similar role, in a fast-paced distribution environment.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Experience with WMS preferred.
• Proficient with an RF Scanner.
• Ability to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
• Open to overtime hours.
Customized Distribution Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Edwardsville - Illinois, Edwardsville, Illinois, United States of America